Navitus Launches Program to Help Members Overcome Challenges Along the Prescription Journey
- Jan 15, 2021
- Pharmacy Benefit Management
“Members face a number of crossroads along their healthcare journey,” said Dr. Julie Olson, senior director of population health programs and product development at Navitus. “From receiving a new prescription to experiencing a benefit change, each of these situations present a challenge that can potentially disrupt the member’s health outcome and escalate both pharmacy and medical costs for the plan. With Navitus’ new Clinical Engagement Center, we’re able to deliver personalized clinical support while mitigating ancillary prescription costs.”
Nearly 150 million people in the United States have at least one chronic illness, and as many as half fail to take their medications as prescribed.1,2 As a result, medication non-adherence leads to 125,000 deaths annually and costs the U.S. health care system up to $289 billion a year.3 In addition:
- 20% of prescriptions are never filled3
- 50% of filled prescriptions are taken incorrectly3
- 28% of all patients fail to refill a prescription on time3
Successfully navigating such healthcare challenges is key to preventing poor health outcomes, medical non-adherence and increased plan costs. Navitus’ Clinical Engagement Center will address these issues by providing a three-pronged approach:
- Medication Therapy Management: Provides personalized clinical consults to members to help them get the most benefit from their medications by addressing barriers to medication adherence, identifying gaps in therapy and screening for medication safety concerns while coordinating care with prescribers.
- Academic Detailing: Analyzes prescribing patterns and educates health care providers about equally effective, lower-cost, formulary alternatives. This individual outreach reduces costs for both the plan sponsor and the member, and it improves care by promoting prescribing that’s consistent with medical evidence.
- Personal Transition Services: Guides new members through a personalized onboarding and transition experience to minimize disruption and help navigate the complex health care system.
Navitus Health Solutions, a division of SSM Health and Costco Wholesale Corporation, serves as a full pass-through pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) and industry alternative to traditional models. As such, Navitus is committed to taking the unnecessary costs out of pharmacy benefits to make prescriptions more affordable for hundreds of plan sponsors (i.e. employers, health plans, unions, governments, etc.) and their 7 million members. By combining a unique pass-through approach that returns 100% of rebates and discounts with a focus on lowest-net-cost medications and comprehensive clinical care programs, Navitus helps reduce costs and improve member health. To learn more about Navitus, call 877.571.7500 or visit www.navitus.com.
For media inquiries, contact Navitus@AllisonPR.com.
1Irving D. Chronic Conditions in America: Price and Prevalence. RAND Corporation. https://www.rand.org/blog/rand-review/2017/07/chronic-conditions-in-america-price-and-prevalence.html. Published July 12, 2017. Accessed October 6, 2020.
2Why You Need to Take Your Medications as Prescribed or Instructed. FDA. https://www.fda.gov/drugs/special-features/why-you-need-take-your-medications-prescribed-or-instructed#:~:text=The%20High%20Cost%20of%20Not,per%20year%20in%20this%20country. Published February 16, 2016. Accessed October 6, 2020.
3Brody J. The Cost of Not Taking Your Medicine. The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/17/well/the-cost-of-not-taking-your-medicine.html#:~:text=This%20lack%20of%20adherence%2C%20the,and%20%24289%20billion%20a%20year. Published April 17, 2017. Accessed October 6, 2020.