Privacy & Confidentiality
Privacy and Confidentiality Statement
Navitus works hard to protect your personal data. This website is provided as a service to our members and partners. We do our best to make sure the content on this website is correct. We also try to make sure it is timely but cannot guarantee its accuracy. You are fully responsible for using the information on this site. NAVITUS HEALTH SOLUTIONS IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS, OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM ITS USE.
Navitus provides links to external websites as a courtesy. Navitus is not liable for data on other websites.
What Types of Data Do We Use?
We may use your health data to provide you with pharmacy benefits if you log into a member portal. This may include the following:
- Data we receive from you, your employer, or benefits provider. Examples include:
- date of birth
- medical history
- Data we receive from transactions and other sources. Examples include:
- health care claims
- service requests
- Data you allow us to use from others.
- Data you provide to us in messaging.
Some of our websites need you to create an account. You will be asked to provide the following:
- Proof of Who You Are: You will be asked to provide information that identifies you as an authorized user of the site.
- Answers to Questions: Member portal users will need to give answers to three questions. You will be asked one question each time you log in. The questions help confirm who you are.
- Password: A password will need to be chosen. It will need to follow industry standards for password creation. Passwords expire after 180 days.
We rely on you to provide us with accurate information to provide services and mailings to you. This includes your name, address, and phone number. Inaccurate information may result in lost, delayed, or misdirected communications to you.
How Do We Protect This Data?
We use your personal data to provide services. Our policies protect your data. These policies comply with federal, state, and local law. We limit the use of your personal data to authorized staff who have a need to access to it. We review our policies often to make sure your privacy is protected.
How May We Use or Share Your Information?
We will only share your personal data if permitted by law.
Opting Out of Information Sharing or Gathering
Navitus does not sell or give your personal data to other companies. An “opt out” option will never appear on our sites. You will not need to complete an “opt out” form.
- IP addresses (internet addresses)
- Date and time
Cookies are used to help you move through the sites faster. They help us see how many visits we have to our sites. This does not identify any individual. Cookies are removed once you sign out of the website. They are also removed if you close your browser.
Navitus works to protect your privacy. We gather data through pharmacy records. We may receive data from hospitals, doctors or pharmacists. It may come from any health insurer. We protect your privacy in the following ways:
- Only authorized staff can access your health data.
- Our policies protect your health data. These policies follow federal law.
- Our employees are trained in our privacy policies.
Abuse of our privacy policies is serious. It will not be allowed by Navitus or other parties. Other parties may also maintain your health records. These parties must also enforce privacy policies.
We protect your data with security measures that are among the best in the industry. They include:
- Firewalls: Personal health data is stored securely behind firewalls.
- Secure Passwords: Passwords are given based on industry standards
- Layered Access: Access rights are controlled by security criteria.
- Session Timeout: The logon session will end after a period of no activity.
- System Review: Security updates are made as they become available.
- Encryption: We securely transmit data through encrypted pathways including Secured Sockets Layer (SSL) systems.
If you have any questions about these policies, please refer to the Contact Us page.
Materials copyrighted by Navitus Health Solutions may be reprinted for personal use only. Permission to reprint or electronically reproduce any document in part or in its entirety for any other reason is expressly prohibited, unless prior written consent is obtained from Navitus Health Solutions, LLC. Navitus logos are marks of Navitus Health Solutions.